vrijdag 8 augustus 2014

Willow the Birthday Fairy Slipcover box

Hi Everybody,

You may remember that I did a couple of Slip Cover boxes by My Time Made Easy before. This template is really simple to make and I love how you can decorate these boxes. Since each year I have some last minute teacher gifts to make (and I hate last minute work) I decided that this year I'm going to create about one gift up front so that when the time comes that I need them I have some at hand (or I could use them as a small gift when we go visit people or something like that). This is my first for this year and I hope you like it.
The image that I used is one of the newly released images by Tiddly Inks, Willow the Birthday Fairy.
A close up of Willow, colored with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced as always.
And the gorgeous embellishments, all from Wild Orchid Crafts. I adore the big trellis roses.
This is the box opened up. You'll find more versions that I made of this box, also with filling HERE.
And the little pieces this image was made of.

The Copic Markers that I used are:
Skin: E11, E00, E000, E0000
Hair: E55, E53, E51, E50
Wings and boots: E84, E81, W0, W00, CB (and Diamond Stickles on the wings)
Gift wrapping paper: E42, E41, E40, W0, W00, CB
Ribbon around gift: E84, E81, W0, W00, CB (and after that layer dried) YR23, YR21, YR20, YR00 (and Diamond Stickles)
Pink: R89 (only to darken the R85 marker so not directly on paper but I went with the brush side of the R85 marker over the wide nib of the R89 marker to pick up some of the color and then colored onto the paper), R85, R83, R81 (and only on the dress after the first layer dried) W3, W1, W00
Shading: W5, W3, W1, W0, W00 (I also distressed the back with Frayed Burlap distress ink).

I hope you like the box! Have a great day everybody!!

Hugs,







Materials used:
Image: Willow the Birthday Fairy by Tiddly Inks
Paper: Kraft, white and pink colored cardstock and Glitz 6" paper pack Pretty in Pink
Dies: all Nestabilities
Box: Slip Cover Box by My Time Made Easy
Other: Button and twine from stash, Diamond Stickles, White Liquid Pearls and Diamond Ice Stickles (around the edges of the paper), Antique Golden Pearls from Flourishes with a Bling, stitches by hand and frantage.
From Wild Orchid Crafts:
Ivory Crown Pin
Baby Pink Crown Pin
Deep Ivory Open Roses 25mm
Ivory Open Roses 20mm
Pink Trellis Roses 35mm
Pink Open Roses 25mm
Mixed Pink Carnation Flowers
Pink/White Cosmos Daisy Flowers
Pink Sweetheart Blossoms
Baby Pink Sweetheart Blossoms
White Sweetheart Blossoms
Antique Gold Vintage Seam Binding
The leaves that I have used are from a mixed set that's not in the store at the moment. You'll find more leaves HERE

12 opmerkingen:

  1. I think this is amazing---as always! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Heel mooi! Leuk die glittereffecten!! Groetjes Nicole

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Absolutely beautiful Mariska!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, I can imagine the teachers keeping this forever its so wonderful
    luv
    Debby

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. so beautiful hun, all your work is awesome!!!!, hope your ok and everything is going well, hugs Liz xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. How very pretty and a wonderful gift too. So much detail and your colouring is superb. I have been following your blog for some time but have only just attempted my first 3d paper pieced image, (on my blog tomorrow) I found it very difficult, maybe it will get easier the more times I do it. I followed your tutorial and found it very helpful but you make some amazing cards and boxes, I really admire your work.
    Lorraine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Stunning project! great idea to get ahead on projects - I always try and then tend to fail so hope you have more success then me! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Beautiful as always, Markisa. Love all the colors and pretty details. Hugs, Mi Ran xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I've just found your blog via WOC - your creations are absolutely beautiful!
    Rebecca.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Wat is deze geweldig!!
    Vast voor mijn verjaardag morgen :P (hahaha)

    liefs, Durvina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen